Circle step cards

These were really fun and actually quite easy cards to do.  I really want to do some baby cards in these as I think they will be really cute, although I dont currently have anyone to send them too!!

So my basic measurements are to fit a card in a standard envelope as most of my christmas cards are posted.  Although I think these will all get sent with a plain piece of paper in the envelope to stop them getting bent in transport.

- Base cardstock 6" circle
- DSP 51/2" circle

Fold the base in half and cut the dsp layer in half.  I tended to make 2 of these at a time, as the sizes mean that 2 6" fit in 1 A4 sheet and I circle DSP makes 2 cards anyway.  Although I am terrible at changing things and no 2 cards are quite the same :)


 To create the step I measured 2 1/2" from the edge and cut a 3" slit fairly centered along the fold line.

Then fold the center of the cut down to create the step.

With the DSP I then cut out a 'wedge' making it 1/4" bigger, so 2 3/4" by 1 3/4".  This creates a nice border.  To have the same on the wedge on the back of the step, I turn over the dsp which nicely lines up the round edge and I cut 1/2" off the top so that it has a border too.


Now its time to decorate!! Here's one of mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment